This Little Hamster, Do Your Ears Hang Low? and Our Love Grows
Reading is even more fun and meaningful when books come alive. Here’s a few extension activities for each book this month to get you started.
These activities were curated for you by Graceann of Creating a Heavenly Haven. She has an undergrad in Early Childhood Education, a Masters in Education, and is currently homeschooling her three adorable kiddos.
This Little Hamster
Each page presents an unexpected, yet delightful, color tableau complete with an eclectic collection of objects and adorable hamster antics, making this one you can read over and over!
You’ll want to read the activity post for full details, but here’s a quick preview of just some of the activities you can do to enjoy This Little Hamster even more and teach your kiddos about colors!
- Introduce color sorting (Graceann has a great detailed explanation of how to do this if it’s not something you or your child is familiar with!) For more color sorting ideas, check out this Pinterest board.
- Play a color rhyming game!
Do Your Ears Hang Low?
The bunnies placed in a variety of creative scenarios help the somewhat nonsensical words of this classic song come to life. It’s hard not to sing along… so just embrace it!
This book will have you singing and dancing and so do the activities! Read the full post here, and in the meantime, here’s a quick preview of what to expect!
- Creating felt bunny ears (do your felt ears hang low?!?) and then doing fun bunny activities WITH said ears.
- Singing and dancing to some silly songs (don’t worry, there are recommended YouTube videos!)
Our Love Grows
The soft padded covers are perfect for the littlest hands to hold, while reading this adorable, rhyming story about how much our little ones have grown, even though they may still feel little.
By now you know the drill--read the full activity post here for Graceann’s fabulous detailed descriptions and catch a quick preview below:
- Make salt-dough imprints (try hand or foot prints in a heart shape!)
- Talk about things you love to do together!