Question 1 of 15
How does Sherlock Holmes refer to Irene Adler?
- "The woman"
Question 2 of 15
Why is Sherlock Holmes peeved when he receives a letter from Violet Hunter?
- He things she is asking for advice on whether or not she should take a job
- He does not like the person she wishes him to investigate
- He doesn't like Watson's involvement in the case
- He thinks the answer to her case is completely obvious
Question 3 of 15
What is NOT one of the odd requests made by Violet Hunter's employers?
- Never wear shoes
- Wear a blue dress
- Cut her hair short
- Sit where they place her
Question 4 of 15
Why does Alexander Holder bring home the Beryl Coronet?
- He's worried about his office security
- He wants to show his family
- The nobleman (which it belongs to) asked him to do so
- It is against office policy to leave items above a certain value at the bank
Question 5 of 15
Why does Hatty Doran run away following her marriage to Lord St. Simon?
- She goes to find her previous husband
- She isn't the real Hatty Doran
- She does not love St. Simon
- She hears St. Simon has a previous wife
Question 6 of 15
What did Holmes' client Victor Hatherly lose?
- His thumb
- His briefcase
- His wife
- His hat
Question 7 of 15
How was Roylott killing his step daughters?
- With a poisonous snake
- By sneaking into their room
- Paying a hit man to do it
- Giving them a poisonous drink before bed
Question 8 of 15
Why does Holmes not turn in James Ryder after discovering he stole a precious jewel?
- He believes Ryder is so scared he won't do anything wrong again
- He doesn't want to ruin Ryder's reputation
- He believes Ryder did it for good reasons
- He isn't sure Ryder actually stole the gem
Question 9 of 15
What was found in the throat of the goose gifted to "Mrs. Henry Baker"?
- A blue diamond
- A red sapphire
- A green emerald
- A purple amethyst
Question 10 of 15
What does Mr. St. Claire promise to bring back to his kids?
- Toy blocks
- Toy train
- Bag of candies
- Bag of hot buns
Question 11 of 15
What is the name of the ship that Holmes believes to hold murderers of John Openshaw?
- Lone Star
- Sea Serpent
- Race Horse
- Stag Hound
Question 12 of 15
What is the name of the Scotland Yard officer who loves to give Holmes a hard time?
- Inspector Lestrade
- Inspector Jones
- Inspector Merryweather
- Inspector Bradstreet
Question 13 of 15
Where did Mary Sutherland get her own sum of money?
- An inheritance from her uncle in New Zealand
- Her job as a typist
- A gift from her grandfather in Ireland
- Her fiance, Hosmer Angel
Question 14 of 15
Which of the following is NOT true of Mr. Vincent Spaulding?
- He is a member of the "Red-Headed League"
- He is willing to work for half the market wage
- He loves to develop photography in the dark basement
- He has pierced ears
Question 15 of 15
What does Holmes take as proof that Watson sees things but does not observe them?
- Watson cannot recall how many stairs lead to 221B
- Watson cannot recall the color of Mary's eyes
- Watson cannot tell him how many dogs live on their street
- Watson cannot give him the name of an acquaintance
Ready to see how you did?
You scored 70%!
(Scroll up to see answers)