Question 1 of 14
Where is Hester buried?
- next to Dimmesdale's grave
- in the forest near the river
- next to Chillingworth's grave
- next to her house
Question 2 of 14
Where do Hester and Pearl go after Dimmesdale and Chillingworth die?
- the country side
Question 3 of 14
Who does Chillingworth give all his money to before he dies?
- the Church
- the poor
Question 4 of 14
What does Dimmesdale do after his sermon on Election Day?
- go on the scaffold and confess
- have a party
- run away with Hester
- have an appointment with a heart doctor
Question 5 of 14
Who does the ship captian say will also be going on the boat?
- Governor Bellingham
- an Indian
Question 6 of 14
What do Hester and Dimmesdale plan in order to be together?
- to run away on a boat to Boston
- to get married and live in Hester's home
- to travel west and get some land
- to go to England
Question 7 of 14
Pearl refuses to acknowledge Hester and Dimmesdale in the forest until Hester does what?
- puts the Scarlet Letter back on
- hugs Pearl
- hugs Dimmesdale
- puts a flower wreath on her head
Question 8 of 14
What does Dimmesdale see in the sky while standing on the scaffold?
- meteor forming a gigantic "A"
- red moon
- lunar eclipse
- Ursa Minor
Question 9 of 14
What does Chillingworth suspect is the cause of Dimmesdale's sickness?
- his heart
- working too hard
Question 10 of 14
What part of her mother is Pearl fasinated by?
- her mother's scarlet letter
- her mother's eyes
- her mother's hands
- her mother's needle work
Question 11 of 14
What does Roger Chillingworth vow to do?
- find and punish Pearl's father
- kill Pearl
- punish Hester
- get married
Question 12 of 14
When Hester is on the scaffold who does she see standing in the crowd?
- her long-lost husband
- her partner in crime
- her mother
- her daughter
Question 13 of 14
What is Hester's punishment?
- wear a letter "A" on her bosom
- 80 hours of community service and a shaved head
- 20 years in prison
- wear a letter "M" on her sleeve
Question 14 of 14
What is Hester Prynne guilty of?
- running away
Ready to see how you did?
You scored 70%!
(Scroll up to see answers)