Question 1 of 17
When describing the imagination Anne says you should imagine what?
- Something worth while
- Ropes of diamonds
- Splendid clothes
- Kindred spirits
Question 2 of 17
Anne is given a dare and injures herself. What was the dare?
- Walk along the top of a roof
- Smash a slate on Gilbert’s head
- Tip over a cow
- Put a rat in the teacher’s desk
Question 3 of 17
At the end of the book, Anne and Gilbert have what type of relationship?
- Close friendship
- Mutual silence
- An engagement
- Vivid hatred
Question 4 of 17
Which of the following best describes Marilla Cuthbert’s character?
Question 5 of 17
How does Anne gain a teaching position at the Avonlea school?
- Gilbert sacrifices the job for her
- She applies and gets hired immediately
- Marilla asks for them to consider Anne
- Anne requests a temporary position only
Question 6 of 17
How does Matthew pass away?
- Heart attack
- Kicked by a cow
- Old age
Question 7 of 17
Why does Anne decline a four-year college education and stay at Green Gables?
- Marilla needs help managing the farm
- She felt Gilbert deserved it
- Marilla told her she wouldn't be welcomed there
- She worried she wouldn’t succeed
Question 8 of 17
At Queen’s Academy, Anne earns the ________ Scholarship.
Question 9 of 17
When they first meet, Anne and her classmate Gilbert rival for what reason?
- He teases Anne about her red hair
- He is smarter than she is
- He sits in her chair
- He gossips about her to the others
Question 10 of 17
What creature accidently drowns in the plum-pudding sauce?
- A mouse
- A cockroach
- A rat
- A hamster
Question 11 of 17
What does Anne wear to attend her first church meeting?
- A wreath of wildflowers
- A dress with cow manure on the hem
- A red dress to match her hair
- A feather in her hair
Question 12 of 17
Anne saves Diana’s sister from what type of illness?
- Whooping cough
- Chicken pox
Question 13 of 17
Which of the following characteristics does NOT describe Anne?
- A proper lady
- Sophisticated imagination
Question 14 of 17
Anne accidently gets her friend Diana drunk with what type of wine?
- Red currant
- Raspberry cordial
Question 15 of 17
Why does the arrival of orphan Anne surprise Matthew?
- They were excepting to adopt a boy
- Her hair was bright red
- She is poorly dressed
- They didn’t want to consider adoption
Question 16 of 17
What is the relationship between Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert?
- Unmarried siblings
- Husband and wife
- Father and daughter
Question 17 of 17
Avonlea is located on which of the following islands in Canada?
- Prince Edward Island
- Ellesmere Island
- Cape Breton Island
- Manitoulin Island
Ready to see how you did?
You scored 70%!
(Scroll up to see answers)