Question 1 of 15
Which of the following is the name of Jonas' best female friend?
Question 2 of 15
What is the first color Jonas sees?
Question 3 of 15
Who was selected as a potential Receiver of Memory before Jonas?
- The Giver's Daughter
- A boy named Zachary
- A girl named Fiona
- The Giver's Son
Question 4 of 15
What is the first feeling of pain Jonas receives as the Receiver of Memory?
- A sunburn
- A pinch
- A scraped knee
- A headache
Question 5 of 15
Which of the following is not an exception associated with being the Receiver of Memories?
- Jonas is allowed to move to a separate house from his family.
- Jonas is not permitted to share his dreams.
- Jonas is allowed to lie.
- Jonas is not permitted to apply for release.
Question 6 of 15
Which of the following is not given to the children at an age ceremony?
- A pair of shoes with their name on them
- A haircut
- A bicycle
- A jacket they can button themselves
Question 7 of 15
How old are you when you are assigned to a profession in the community?
Question 8 of 15
Of what is the first memory The Giver gives Jonas?
- A sled
- The formation of the community
- A rainbow
- A field of sunflowers in the sunlight
Question 9 of 15
What causes Jonas and the Giver to move the time-table of their plan up?
- The pending “release” of Gabriel
- The Giver’s failing health
- The discovery of their plan by the Council
- The pending collapse of the community
Question 10 of 15
What is Jonas’ solution for how to help the community members experience the richness of feelings he enjoys?
- Cross the boundary of the community and enter Elsewhere, thus releasing all of his memories at once
- Describe the memories he receives from the Giver to his close family members
- Transmitting memories to newborns as they sleep
- Extract copies of his memories and put them in the water supply
Question 11 of 15
What is the euphemism for death used by the community?
- "Travelling over"
- "The Great Sleep"
Question 12 of 15
How are memories transmitted from the Giver to Jonas?
- By putting his hands on Jonas’ bare back
- Telekinetically mind to mind
- By placing his hand on Jonas’ temples
- By holding hands
Question 13 of 15
How old is Jonas as the story opens?
Question 14 of 15
Where does Jonas’ father work?
- The Nurturing Center
- The Fields
- The Department of Justice
- The House of the Old
Question 15 of 15
How many children is each family assigned?
Ready to see how you did?
You scored 70%!
(Scroll up to see answers)